- College Station starts a new holiday tradition with its first Christmas parade on Dec. 2on September 22, 2023 at 9:30 pm
After the sudden cancellation of the long-standing BCS Christmas Parade earlier this month, the City of College Station recognized an opportunity to ensure such a cherished part of celebrating the holidays continues. The first College Station Christmas Parade begins at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2.
- Welcome the Tigers and celebrate Aggie game day with the SEC Tailgate at 1207 Texason September 19, 2023 at 8:50 pm
Visit College Station invites residents, Aggies, and visitors to welcome the Auburn Tigers to town at the first SEC Hometown Tailgate from 8-10 a.m. on Saturday at the College Station Visitors Center at 1207 Texas Ave. The free event features breakfast tacos from Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que.
- What’s Up? Video: Southwood's Taekwondo self-defense classes benefit all ages and skillson September 15, 2023 at 10:39 pm
In this episode of “What’s Up, College Station?” Marketing Coordinator Grace Hallowell, Recreation Supervisor Laurie Brown, and Taekwondo instructor Jose Aponte talk about the self-defense classes for all ages at the Southwood Community Center.
- Treat your taste buds at Pavilion Food Court Wednesdays this fall at Veterans Parkon September 15, 2023 at 9:57 pm
This fall, treat yourself to a delicious meal from local food trucks at the Pavilion Food Court from 6-9 p.m. on select Wednesdays at the American Pavilion at Veterans Park and Athletic Complex. It all starts next Wednesday (Sept. 20).
- Heiden named College Station Parks and Recreation directoron September 15, 2023 at 9:37 pm
The City of College Station has named Kelsey Heiden as director of Parks and Recreation. She is expected to start in late November. Heiden has almost 18 years of experience in the industry and replaces Steve Wright, who served as director since 2020.
- Live Blog: Thursday’s city council meeting (Sept. 14)on September 14, 2023 at 9:36 pm
Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council meeting on Thursday, Sept. 14. The meeting starts after 6 p.m. and is streamed live on Optimum Channel 19 and cstx.gov/cstv19.
- 5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetingon September 13, 2023 at 9:46 pm
The College Station City Council meets at city hall after 6 p.m. on Thursday. The meeting is streamed live on Optimum Channel 19 and at cstx.gov/cstv19. Here are five items to watch.
- 5 fun and worthwhile volunteer opportunities for you to serve and enhance our communityon September 13, 2023 at 8:14 pm
Make a difference this fall as a volunteer coach or help with Parks and Recreation programs and service projects. We have opportunities for individuals, groups, students, and businesses to contribute meaningfully to our high-quality programs and facilities. Here are five opportunities for you to get involved.